I am happy to update that my new article, written with Raz Heifereman “Agilifying Your Digital Business – 6 Steps to Get Started” was published by Cutter Consortium on the issue of Cutter Business Technology, Vol 31, Number 7, 2018 named “Architecture + Agile = The Yin & Yang of Organization Agility”. This issue contains some articles dedicated to the many faces of agility.
The issue of transforming the organization into an agile organization has become a strategic issue lately. The business landscape has become very dynamic and competitive and organizations are having a hard time establishing their long term strategic plans. The new competitive environment forces organizations to move from the concept of sustainable competitive advantage to transient competitive advantage, a term coined by Prof. Rita McGrath from Columbia Business School in her famous book “The End of Competitive Advantage”.
Our article presents 6 steps that we recommend to organizations for their transformation to become agile:
- Recommendation #1: Appreciate the Mental Challenge of Agility as “Building Flexible Buildings”
- Recommendation #2: Develop & Share “Visions” of What to Expect from Agility
- Recommendation #3: Build “Abilities”, that allow for “Visions”
- Recommendation #4: Initiate “Actions” that Build “Abilities”, that Allow for “Visions”
- Recommendation #5: Master the Interplay among Leadership, Culture, Business Architecture, and Digital Architecture
- Recommendation #6: Shift to Deadline-Driven Smaller Projects
We kindly invite you to download the full article from Cutter Consortium’s web site (requires registration).