On November 6, 2009, the ThinkBalm Innovation Community will be holding an event called “Un-lecture no. 5: ‘Global’.” Three presenters will talk about Immersive Internet adoption trends and use cases in their region of the world: Yesha Sivan on Israel and the Middle East, Siddharth Banerjee on India and surrounds, and Claus Nehmzow on Hong Kong and region. Barbara Westmoreland will wrap things up by demo’ing part of nTeams island, which her company uses for global team-building activities.
For more info about the un-lecture event format see this ThinkBalm Innovation Community video on YouTube: The Innovation Un-Lecture.
The ThinkBalm Innovation Community is a professional community with a mission of advancing adoption of work-related use of the Immersive Internet (e.g., virtual worlds and campuses, virtual event platforms, immersive learning environments, and 3D collaboration tools). The ThinkBalm Innovation Community is run by industry analysts Erica Driver and Sam Driver of ThinkBalm. Since its launch in August of 2008, the community has evolved into a mix between a social network, collaborative laboratory, and guild. Community activities focus on work-related use cases like meetings, learning, conferences, business activity rehearsal, prototyping, data visualization, system and facility management, and human resources management. The community has held dozens of immersive and in-person events including brainstorming sessions, role-playing sessions, “un-lectures” (four presentations, tours, or demos in an hour), tours, meet-and-greets, and professional networking events.
How to RSVP: Reply to the LinkedIn group:http://tinyurl.com/yj2p2f8 . Please make sure “Follow this discussion” is checked off so you get the logistics details once we’ve finalized them, and you receive an event reminder via email.
* Who: Immersive Internet advocates, implementers, explorers, and tech marketers
* What: Three presenters will talk about Immersive Internet adoption trends and use cases in their region of the world: Yesha Sivan on Israel and the Middle East, Siddharth Banerjee on India, and Claus Nehmzow on Hong Kong. Then, Barbara Westmoreland will wrap things up by demo’ing part of the nTeams island her company uses to facilitate global team-building efforts. For more info about the un-lecture event format see this ThinkBalm Innovation Community video on YouTube: The Innovation Un-Lecture, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PiuJPmSQ_M .
* Where and how: Second Life, details TBD. We’ll use in-world voice.
* When: Friday, Nov. 6th from 8-9AM PDT (which is the same as Second Life time). Here is a link to link to the Time Zone Converter:http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc .
* Why: Share and gain insights into what’s happening with work-related adoption of immersive technologies around the globe. Learn what other members of the ThinkBalm Innovation Community are working on. Spend time with other members.
Please email or call with any questions.
Erica Driver, Principal
email: erica — at — thinkbalm.com