The Tenth Wuhan International Conference on e-Business ( WHICEB2011 )
May 28-29, 2011, in Wuhan, China
The Future of 3D3C Markets – Invited Talk
Dr. Yesha Sivan
The Academic College of Tel Aviv-Yaffo
Metaverse Labs. Ltd.
A new arena for human interaction is emerging. This arena – which will be called 3D3C markets – is destined to bring major opportunities, and challenged in the next decades.
Such 3D3C markets combined and unite four major factors:
- 3D – as seen by the rise of 3D games, virtual worlds, mirror worlds, mapping, augmented reality, sensors and actuators based computing.
- Community – as epitomized by Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. It has to do with the ability to virtually engage communities digitally.
- Creation – the rise of tools that allow individuals to create. It starts with pure digital goods like comments to blogs, small blips of information like what is the weather now in Jerusalem, and continues with in home product printing of goods, and just in time manufacturing.
- Commerce – a rise of global virtual payments, trust, and multi-level marketing that allow businesses to gain value globally. We already see the initial steps with Amazon, Paypal, and virtual exchanges like the one operated by ACS.
The paper will conclude with mapping of the main hurdles that we face today for 3D3C markets.
* An earlier version of this talk was presented in the TEDx conference. Further reading on the origins of the 3D3C definition can be found by searching the web.