- 3D – as seen by the rise of 3D games, virtual worlds, mirror worlds, mapping, augmented reality, sensors and actuators based computing.
- Community – as epitomized by Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. It has to do with the ability to virtually engage communities digitally.
- Creation – the rise of tools that allow individuals to create. It starts with pure digital goods like comments to blogs, small blips of information like what is the weather now in Jerusalem, and continues with in home product printing of goods, and just in time manufacturing.
- Commerce – a rise of global virtual payments, trust, and multi-level marketing that allow businesses to gain value globally. We already see the initial steps with Amazon, Paypal, and virtual exchanges like the one operated by ACS.
* An earlier version of this talk was presented in the TEDx conference. Further reading on the origins of the 3D3C definition can be found by searching the web.