We are happy to announce the publication of a NEW ISSUE from the Journal of Virtual Worlds Research (JVWR):
Volume 7, Number 1:
The first thematic issue of JVWR 7th year (2014) focuses on a literature review of 3D3C worlds according to specific topics such as Law, Taxation, Medical, Education, Money and more. The Lantern issue is published in two parts: Part 1 on Q1/2014 & Part 2 on Q3/2014.
Issue Editors’ Corner
- Taking a Broader View by Looking Deeper
Yesha Y Sivan
Peer Reviewed Research Papers
- Review of Educational Research Methods in Desktop Virtual World Environments: Framing the Past to Provide Future Direction
Dennis Beck, Ross Perkins
- The Aspatial Economics of Virtual Worlds
Edward Heath Robinson
- Privacy in Virtual Worlds: A US Perspective
Jeannie Pridmore, John Overocker
- Overview: Virtual Reality in Medicine
Claudio Pensieri, Maddalena Pennacchini
- Taxation of Virtual World Economies: A Review of the Current Status
Jamie S. Switzer, Ralph V. Switzer
- Linguistic and Multilingual Issues in Virtual Worlds and Serious Games: A General Review
Samuel Cruz-Lara, Alexandre Denis, Nadia Bellalem
We are looking forward to Part 2 of the Lantern issue with more unique reviews of the Virtual Worlds’ field.
Enjoy your read!
More from the JVWR
- Were you in our Milan event “Via the Looking Glass” in December 2013? Participants are invited to contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org and get access to the presentations.
- A call for reviewers: we welcome competent academicians & researchers to join us as members of the JVWR review team. Being a reviewer is a matter of prestige and achievement. The JVWR believes in the value and importance of the reviewers throughout the publication process. It is not only about bringing the individual paper to its best but also about shaping the credibility and reputation of the journal as a leader in the evolving field of Virtual Worlds. If you are interested – join us a peer-reviewer of the JVWR. Please contact us by email to email@example.com, send CV or a short resume and let us know what areas of interest you are able to review.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- You are invited to browse previous issues on our website.
- Subscribe to our mailing list (on the top left ofhttp://www.jvwresearch.org) to receive JVWR news and updates (no spam guaranteed).
- You are welcome to:
Join our Facebook page (TheJVWR)
And follow us on twitter @TheJVWR.
Happy, healthy and productive 2014 in the virtual and the real.,
TheJVWR – The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research