I’m giving a lecture at AMD – HK Institue of Advanced Management Development about the Essence of 21st Innovation Leadership: Getting to the CORE
8:30 am – 9:30 am
Central, Hong Kong
Details: PDF Overview
Consider these trends:
- An entire Chinese generation DOES not know the internet because their world is mastered by WeChat;
- Classical US retail giants like Target or even Walmart are losing because of Amazon and Alibaba;
- Machine learning is “eating” our jobs;
- Russia is meddling with USA elections with fake news; and
- Syrians kill themselves because they think the world is on Facebook.
- “The gig economy…is now estimated to be about 34% of the workforce and expected to be 43% by the year 2020”.
In this talk, Professor Yesha Sivan will share his views on the nine key factors of these trends – focusing on:
- The three 21st century global forces (fast, messy, global)
- The three PIE modes of operation (planning, implementation, evaluation)
- The three key innovation leadership qualities (openness, focus, control) and how to train yourself for them (“orange bike“)
In the Q&A session we will discuss how to bring more openness, focus on the control into the workplace, using the four modes of enculturation formal training, modeling, interaction, and feedback.
HKMA Members: HK$100
More details on HKMA site.